Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/green-pancakes-hidden-veggie/
© 2015 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Healthy Spinach Pancakes
Looking for a healthy and fun breakfast idea? These Spinach Pancakes are kid-approved and so delicious! They're made healthier using gluten-free flours, but nobody will know it! They're fluffy and cook up perfectly!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup (50 grams) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (30 grams) tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips or add-ins of choice
- butter or ghee or oil, for cooking
- Add eggs, applesauce and fresh spinach to a blender. Blend until spinach is mostly pureed. Add in the almond flour, tapioca, baking powder and pinch of salt. Blend until the mixture comes together, about 1 minute.
- Heat butter in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot add 1/4 cup batter and drop in add-ins if using on to pancake batter.
- Let cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes, then flip and continue to cook for about 2 minutes until pancake is fully cooked.
- Continue with remaining batter.
- Serve pancakes with desired toppings and serve immediately.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.