Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/grilled-salmon-shrimp-scampi/
© 2017 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Salmon and Shrimp Scampi
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped, set more aside for garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 marinade ingredients
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 pound wild salmon filet, skinned,
cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz gluten-free linguine or fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package instructions
- Place all marinade ingredients except for thinly sliced lemon in a medium mixing bowl and mix until well mixed. Pour half of the marinade in medium saucepan and set aside.
- Pat the salmon and shrimp dry and sprinkle with a small amount of salt and pepper. Add the salmon and shrimp to the marinade and toss well until well coated. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Over medium heat, bring the marinade ingredients in the saucepan to a simmer. Add in the chicken stock and tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes soften, about 8-10 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Add in spinach and cook over medium-low heat, just until the spinach has wilted. Take the sauce off-heat and set-aside until ready to serve.
- Once fish is done marinating, assemble the skewers. Place the salmon on first, then the shrimp, and then the sliced lemon. We fold over the sliced lemon to make it easier to lay on the grill. Assemble the skewers in that pattern until all of the salmon and shrimp are used up. Place the skewers on the grill for about 5 minutes on each side, until opaque and just cooked through.
- Take the grilled shrimp and salmon off the skewers and place in a large mixing bowl, add in sauce and linguine and toss well. Top with roughly chopped parsley for garnish and serve.
*You can substitute the brown rice noodles for zucchini noodles or any other noodles of choice!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.