Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/healthy-broccoli-soup/
© 2020 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- Heat butter and oil over medium-low. Once butter is melted add leeks and garlic and cook for for 10 minutes, until the leeks are very tender.
- Add in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add in half of broccoli florets and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the broccoli is very tender.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. Add in remaining broccoli florets, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Let simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the broccoli is just fork tender.
- If adding cheese, do so here and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe was originally published in 2016 and republished with an updated recipe and photos in 2020.
Loading nutrition data...