Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/healthy-broccoli-soup/
© 2020 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Healthy Broccoli Soup
Who loves a hearty and creamy soup with minimal ingredients but all the deliciousness? This Healthy Broccoli Soup checks off all those boxes and can be on your table in 30 minutes flat. This vegetarian soup is gluten-free with options for dairy-free and to make it Paleo and Whole30 friendly.
- Heat butter and oil over medium-low. Once butter is melted add leeks and garlic and cook for for 10 minutes, until the leeks are very tender.
- Add in vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Add in half of broccoli florets and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the broccoli is very tender.
- Using an immersion blender, blend soup until smooth. Add in remaining broccoli florets, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Let simmer for 6-8 minutes or until the broccoli is just fork tender.
- If adding cheese, do so here and stir to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe was originally published in 2016 and republished with an updated recipe and photos in 2020.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.