Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/healthy-eggplant-parm-bites/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- In a bowl, whisk together the almond flour, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic, sea salt, and red pepper flakes.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cut eggplant into 1" cubes and sprinkle with sea salt. (see note)
- Place cubed eggplant into egg mixture, a few at a time.
- Transfer eggplant cubes into the almond flour mixture and coat evenly. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat enough oil to cover 1/2 to-1 inch of your skillet.
- Once oil is hot, working in batches transfer eggplant cubes to the skillet.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Repeat with any remaining eggplant cubes.
- Serve hot with marinara sauce!
- You can peel the eggplant or leave the peel on for more nutritional value! The breading sticks better without the peel, but it does still work with it on.
Loading nutrition data...