1. Preheat oven to 350, Line a baking sheet with 1 cup sunflower seeds and 1 cup raw almonds and roast for 5-7 minutes
2. Add your roasted nuts to your food processor (I use a 10-cup food processor, this is the one I use- It is inexpensive and works great)
3. Start your food processor and blend until nuts become flour-like for 3-5 minutes
4. Now it's time to be patient, add in your coconut oil, put your food processor on, and let it do the work. After another 8-10 minutes or so, scrape down the sides
5. Put the food processor back on and blend for an additional 10 minutes. Stop every few minutes or so to scrape down, add in vanilla and pure maple syruphere- at this time it should be just about almond butter consistency- blend until fully smooth and creamy (just when you think it'll never happen, it does, so be patient)!
-The process should take about 20-25 minutes. If you use a different size food processor you'll need to adjust the amount of nuts you use, and the time as it will vary.
-I don't recommend using a food processor smaller than 10-cups (I've broken one before)!