Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/healthy-food-friday-hazelnuts-homemade-nutella/
© 2014 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Homemade Nutella is so simple to make! It's rich, full of chocolate flavor and can actually be considered healthy when made at home with real, wholesome ingredients. This version actually contains tons of hazelnut flavor and absolutely no refined sugars. Make it in under 20 minutes!
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Spread hazelnuts on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes, watching closely to avoid the hazelnuts burning. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate over a double-boiler or on slowly on low-power in the microwave. Set aside to cool.
- Once the hazelnuts are cooled, remove the skins on the nuts by placing them inside of a clean kitchen towel and rubbing vigorously until most of the skin has come off.
- Transfer hazelnuts to a food processor and process until a paste forms, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add in the coconut sugar, cocoa powder, coconut oil and vanilla and process until smooth, about 3 minutes more. (See note for troubleshooting)
- Add cooled chocolate and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 2 weeks, or the refrigerator, if desired.
- If you chocolate mixture starts to seize up, or becomes very dry looking, add in a couple of tablespoons of warm water with the food processor running. It should be completely smooth before adding in the melted chocolate.
- If your hazelnuts do not have a the skin on them, you can still toast them to improve the flavor!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.