Tomatoes are without a doubt one of my favorite ingredients. They work in SO many recipes. Salads, stews, sauces, salsas, as toppings, roasted, grilled… you name it. I have recently been craving a hearty bolognese over my traditional meat sauce.
What is the difference between the two? Well for one, some different ingredients, but two, the bolognese sauce is cooked down until it is thick and hearty. I made this for a nice weeknight dinner, and we wanted it again the same week.
Hearty Bolognese Sauce
Give yourself 30-minutes and you’ll have the perfect Italian-style dinner. Guilt-free!
Want other sauce recipes? Try these:
How to make easy bolognese sauce
- 1 lb. grass-fed beef
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup baby bella mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 vine ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 can organic tomato paste
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or ground garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, more to taste
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon (or more) red pepper flakes
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!