Happy Healthy Food Friday! Celebrating one of my favorite veggies, zucchini, with this delicious low-carb Roasted Garlic Chicken and Veggie Primavera!
This week I’m thinking of my most recent getaway this past long weekend, where we ended up on a local farm filled with tons of fresh produce. I, of course, was a kid in a candy shop and took home an abundance of goodies. Let’s start with zucchini. At this point, if you’ve been around the blog a while, you know my favorite way of using zucchini is making pasta dishes! Zucchini linguine, or “zoodles,” have become widely popular due to the amazing Spiralizer.
Zucchini linguine is an awesome way to have those pasta dishes you love, completely guilt-free.
Roasted garlic, delicious olive oil, Himalayan sea salt, a hint of spice, and fresh parmesan cheese. Flavor heaven.
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such, I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies from Tasty-Yummies
Spinach Zucchini Noodle Lasagna from Inspiralized
Zucchini Fritter Cups from PaleOMG
Lemon Poppyseed Zucchini Bread from With Food and Love
Spiralized Pesto Pasta from Brittany Angell
Zucchini Summer Skillet with Poached Eggs from How Sweet Eats
Spinach and Ricotta Stuffed Zucchini from The Healthy Maven
Shrimp and Zucchini Stir Fry from Cookin’ Canuck
Zucchini Chips from The Copper Collective
Zucchini Ribbon Salad with Olives and Mint from Gourmande in the Kitchen
How do you zucchini?! What foods have you eaten on vacation that you HAD to come home and recreate?
- 1 lb. organic chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 head of garlic, roasted
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- Optional: 1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut the very top off the garlic head, exposing a bit of each clove and place on a small piece of foil. Drizzle 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil on the head of garlic and wrap. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the garlic head is golden brown.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat.
- Add in 1 crushed garlic clove and red pepper flakes, let heat for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pat chicken dry and season with salt and pepper. Add chicken to pan and cook for 5-7 minutes or until fully cooked and no pink remains.
- Remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In a separate skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add sliced onion, tomatoes, spiralized zucchini and broccoli rabe. Cook until the onion is translucent and the broccoli rabe is fork tender.
- Sprinkle vegetables with salt, garlic granules, and a pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Add the spinach to the pan with the onion, tomato, spiralized zucchini, and broccoli rabe. Sautè just until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Place vegetables and chicken in a desired serving bowl. Top with additional sea salt, fresh parmesan cheese, roasted garlic, freshly ground pepper, and red pepper flakes. Serve warm!
- Spiralizer I use: click here
- If your zucchini noodles are watery after cooking, drain them before adding them to your desired serving bowl!
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!