Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/healthy-rice-pudding/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Healthy Rice Pudding
- In a medium sauce pan (see note), add rinsed and drained rice and add water just enough to cover the rice. Heat pan on medium. Once rice has reached a boil, turn heat to medium low and let water reduce for 10 minutes. Take care not to let water evaporate out completely.
- Drain any water that remains after the 10 minutes and return rice to sauce pan.
- Add coconut milk and salt and cook on medium-low heat. Cook for 25 minutes and stir the pan every few minutes to make sure the rice does not stick.
- Add raisins and sugar, and turn the heat to low. Cook for an additional 15 minutes, stirring frequently until creamy and the liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Serve warm or cold, with ground cinnamon sprinkled on top.
- Make sure you are using the cartoon of the coconut milk beverage and not the canned variety.
- You can substitute maple sugar for coconut sugar but will change color slightly.
- For our recipe we used a medium sauce pan. Depending on the size pan you use, it may take less or more time for the liquid to evaporate.
- Update on 10/2018: We've gotten comments that this recipe yielded rice pudding that was more liquid-y. We initially tested this recipe 5 times. After receiving those comments we went back and tested this recipe completely as written and we can say 100% this recipe works if followed as written and resulted in rice pudding that was thick and creamy like you see here in the photos. If for some reason your rice pudding is taking more time to evaporate than the direction indicates, simply let the rice pudding evaporate for a bit more time. Also note that as the rice pudding cools it thickens up quite a bit as well, so don't overcook it!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.