Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/homemade-meat-sauce/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Homemade Meat Sauce
This quick and simple Homemade Meat Sauce recipe is an absolute staple! It is healthy, quick and always a hit! There are so many ways to use it, too! Serve it over zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash, or make it classic by serving it over pasta! It's quick enough to make on a weeknight but also works well as meal prep.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or oil of choice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 large organic carrots, finely chopped
- 1 pound organic grass-fed beef or ground turkey
- 1 15 oz. can organic diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can organic tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil, more for garnish
- Optional: Serve with fresh Parmesan cheese
- Optional: Garnish with additional fresh Basil
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add onion and carrots to saucepan. Let cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes until onions are translucent and the carrots begin to soften.
- Add meat to saucepan and let cook until brown and no pink remains.
- Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, spices, and 1 tablespoon fresh basil to the pan and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 15 minutes. The longer you can let simmer, the better! Taste and adjust spices as desired then remove from heat.
- Serve over zucchini noodles, gluten-free pasta, or spaghetti squash.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.