Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/homemade-vanilla-extract/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
How to Make Homemade Vanilla Extract
- 5 grade B vanilla beans
- 1 cup gluten-free vodka (We Like Tito's)
- Using a sharp pairing knife, slice vanilla beans in half. Scrape out beans using the back of the knife and place inside of a clean 8 ounce jar. Continue with the remaining vanilla beans. Once they have all been scraped, cut beans in half or to fit jar.
- Place cut beans inside the jar and pour in 1 cup of vodka and cover with a tight fitting lid. Let sit at room temperature for at least 6 weeks before use. The longer you let it sit, the more flavor it has.
- We love to have the flecks of the vanilla beans in the extract, but if you'd like to have a clearer extract you can save the beans for another use, or strain the extract before use.
- To make more extract at once, double or triple the recipe.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.