Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/how-to-make-almond-milk/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
How to Make Almond Milk
Have you ever thought to make your own almond milk? It's unbelievable easy and truly tastes so different than the store bought stuff. We're walking you through How to Make Almond Milk with all the tips and tricks you need!
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 3 cups filtered water (see note)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Soak your almonds in cold fresh water for at least 8 hours or up to 12.
- Drain and rinse the almonds.
- Place almonds, 3 cups fresh filtered water, pinch of salt and maple syrup (optional) in a high-speed blender and blend continuously for 1-2 minutes, until the nuts are finely ground.
- To strain it either pour blended nuts in a nut milk bag and squeeze into a bowl, or line a strainer over a bowl with a thin kitchen towel squeeze the nut milk into the bowl.
- Pour into a jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, though it is better the fresher it is. Separation is normal in non-dairy milks, just shake it up before using it.
- We loved how flavorful the almond milk was when it was blended in 3 cups of water. If you would like a less pronounced flavor and thinner almond milk you can blend in up to 5 cups of water.
- We love getting our nuts cheaper in bulk online or at Trader Joe’s!⠀
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.