Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/how-to-make-almond-milk/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- 1 cup raw unsalted almonds
- 3 cups filtered water (see note)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Soak your almonds in cold fresh water for at least 8 hours or up to 12.
- Drain and rinse the almonds.
- Place almonds, 3 cups fresh filtered water, pinch of salt and maple syrup (optional) in a high-speed blender and blend continuously for 1-2 minutes, until the nuts are finely ground.
- To strain it either pour blended nuts in a nut milk bag and squeeze into a bowl, or line a strainer over a bowl with a thin kitchen towel squeeze the nut milk into the bowl.
- Pour into a jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, though it is better the fresher it is. Separation is normal in non-dairy milks, just shake it up before using it.
- We loved how flavorful the almond milk was when it was blended in 3 cups of water. If you would like a less pronounced flavor and thinner almond milk you can blend in up to 5 cups of water.
- We love getting our nuts cheaper in bulk online or at Trader Joe’s!⠀
Loading nutrition data...