Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/how-to-preserve-herbs-freezer/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- 2 cups herbs
- ⅓ cup nuts or seeds (pine nuts, almonds, pistachio, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a food processor or blender, combine herbs and nuts and process until finely chopped.
- Add the Parmesan, if adding, and pulse again.
- With the motor running, drizzle in the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- When storing, drizzle some extra olive oil on top of the pesto to create an air tight seal.
- Will keep in refrigerator about 1 week. Will keep in freezer about 3 months.
Loading nutrition data...