Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/huevos-rancheros/
© 2017 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Huevos Rancheros Sauce
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 14.5 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Optional: 1/4 dried chili pepper, finely chopped. Depending on the type of dried chili you use, it could be very spicy. Depending on how much you love spice use more or less. If you love spice and want to try more, hold off on adding chili powder until the last step.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14.5 ounce can organic black beans
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 eggs, fried or cooked as desired
- 4 tortillas, store-bought (Siete Foods Tortillas) or homemade (see notes)
- 1 Scallion, sliced for garnish
- 1 Jalapeno, sliced for garnish
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, roughly chopped for garnish
- 1 Avocado, sliced into half moons for garnish
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges to serve with!
- Optional: 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion, peppers, and garlic for 2-3 minutes until fragrant, or until onion begins to turn translucent.
- Add in all spices, except for the dried chili if using, and cook for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
- Pour in crushed tomatoes and bring the mixture to a simmer. Simmer for 5-10 minutes. Taste and adjust spices as needed. If the sauce is too chunky, place in a high-speed blender and pulse. If using the optional dried chili, mix in after blending.
- While the sauce is simmering, make the refried beans. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in garlic and spices and let cook until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Drain the liquid from the beans and rinse well, then add the beans to the saucepan. Turn down heat and stir well. Add in lime juice and water. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Take off heat and mash well using a potato masher or fork. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Fry eggs, or cook them as desired and set aside.*
- In a large skillet, heat avocado oil over medium-high heat. Add tortillas and cover the skillet. Heat until slightly browned on both sides, should take about 2-3 minutes. If using cheese, place 3 tablespoons of cheese on the tortillas once you have flipped them once and cover until the cheese has melted. Place the tortillas on a plate and set aside.
- Assemble: Spread huevos rancheros sauce on each tortilla. Add the refried black beans, scallions, cilantro, jalapeno, and top with an egg. Squeeze a little lime over the eggs and devour!
- *Check out how to cook eggs all different ways on page 66 of the Lexi's Clean Kitchen cookbook!
- *Homemade Tortilla Recipe
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.