Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/instant-pot-beef-stroganoff/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
This classic American dish comes together quick, with minimal prep and mostly hands-off cooking thanks to the Instant Pot. It's made using REAL ingredients and is so hearty! It's paleo and Whole30 friendly (if served without noodles), dairy and gluten free and a delicious meal the whole family will love!
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil, divided
- 10 ounces (about 10) cremini or baby bella mushrooms, stem removed and sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1.5 pounds beef sirloin (see note), thinly sliced about 2" long
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup bone broth or beef broth.
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot
- 1/2 cup frozen peas (optional)
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, for garnish
- 12 ounces cooked gluten free noodles or zoodles, for serving
- Set a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot (or other electric pressure cooker) to saute. Once hot add 1 tablespoon oil and cook mushrooms until all the liquid has evaporated about 7 minutes.
- Add remaining oil and add onion, cooking until beginning to soften about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and beef and stir, cooking for 2 minutes until it begins to brown.
- Add spices, tomato paste, and mustard and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Shut off the saute and add red wine vinegar, fish sauce, broth and scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot. Cook on high pressure (manual) for 12 minutes and allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes before manually releasing the remaining pressure.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl a slurry by mixing together 2 tablespoons of water with 1 tablespoon of arrowroot.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the slurry to the sauce at a time, until it has reached the consistency you desire. Add frozen peas (if using), coconut cream and cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasoning.
- Serve over gluten-free noodles or zoodles.
- If you can't find a sirloin steak you can also use top round or a chuck roast.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.