Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/instant-pot-chicken-adobo/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Chicken Adobo
This Instant Pot Chicken Adobo is take on the classic Filipino dish that results in tangy and savory chicken. We cook it in the Instant Pot to make it quick and hands-off-cooking, perfect for nights you need a healthy dinner but don't feel like cooking. It’s also gluten-free, Paleo, low carb and Whole30 friendly.
- Place chicken thighs, coconut aminos, vinegar, honey, garlic cloves, salt, pepper and bay leaves in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Mix together to combine and make sure that the chicken is not stacked on top of each other.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 9 minutes and once done use the quick release function. Remove chicken and cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Add broccoli and red pepper to the pot, cover the lid and set to sealing and cook on manual LOW pressure for 0 minutes. Use the quick release function when done.
- Slice the chicken and divide on four plates along with broccoli and red pepper.
- If desired you can thicken up the sauce at this point: Press the saute function. Add 1 teaspoon of arrowroot to a small bowl and scoop out some of the adobo sauce and whisk it with the arrowroot to create a slurry. Return it to the pot and let cook until it has thickened, about 1 minute. Drizzle over the chicken and vegetables and serve hot! If desired, serve with rice or quinoa.
- If your sauce has not thickened enough with 1 teaspoon, you can add another or continue to cook until it has reached your desired consistency.
- Omit honey for Whole30.
- Want to make this in the slow cooker? Cook it on high for 2-3 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.