Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/instant-pot-chicken-parm-soup/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Chicken Parm Soup
If you love chicken parmesan, you are going to love this Instant Pot Chicken Parm Soup. This soup is made easy in the Instant Pot with our favorite chicken, a flavorful tomato broth and topped with all the classic chicken parm flavors. Made in partnership with my friends at Farmer Focus!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1-½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-28 ounce can diced tomato
- 1-½ pounds Farmer Focus boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup water, or more if needed
- 4 ounces penne pasta
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Parsley, for garnish
For Pecan “Breadcrumbs”:
- Press the saute function in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot and add olive oil. Once hot, add onion and garlic and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add in tomato paste, oregano, salt and pepper and cook for 30 seconds. Add in diced tomato, chicken breasts and broth and stir together. Shut off the saute function.
- Close the lid and set the pressure-release valve to sealing. Cook soup on manual high pressure for 9 minutes with a quick release. Remove chicken, dice to bite-sized pieces and cover to keep warm while the pasta cooks.
- Press the saute function on the Instant Pot and add in 1 cup of water. Once boiling, add the pasta and cook according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, toast the breadcrumbs: Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add pecans, italian seasoning and garlic powder. Cook stirring occasionally until the pecans smell toasted, about 3-5 minutes.
- Once the pasta has finished cooking, place the diced chicken back in the pot. If needed, add remaining cup of water to thin out the soup.
- Serve the soup with a garnish of parmesan cheese, “breadcrumbs” and parsley.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.