Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/instant-pot-lemon-chicken/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Asparagus
Need a delicious light dinner that doesn't require much cooking and is so DELICIOUS? Then this Instant Pot Lemon Chicken with Artichokes and Asparagus is just what you need to make tonight! This seasonal and bright dinner is perfect for a night you still want something delicious but don't want to cook much.
- 1-½ lbs. SVO Farmer Focus chicken breasts or chicken thigh
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 bunches asparagus
- 1- 15 ounce can artichoke quarters
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Place chicken breasts, oregano, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic, chicken stock, lemon juice and zest in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Mix together to combine and make sure that the chicken is not stacked on top of each other.
- Cook on manual high pressure for 8 minutes and once done use the quick release function. Remove chicken, cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Take 2 tablespoons of brine from the artichokes and place it in the pot. Drain the remainder of the brine and add artichokes and asparagus to the pot. Cook on manual LOW pressure for 0 minutes. Use the quick release function when done.
- Slice the chicken and divide on four plates along with artichokes and asparagus. (see note about warming up chicken)
- If desired you can thicken up the sauce at this point: Press the saute function. Add 1 teaspoon of arrowroot to a small bowl and scoop out some of the lemon liquid and whisk it with the arrowroot to create a slurry. Return it to the pot and let cook until it has thickened to your desired consistency. Drizzle over the chicken, asparagus and artichokes and serve with wedges of lemon.
- The timing for this asparagus is based off of fairly average supermarket asparagus. If your asparagus is very thin, you might be better off cooking the asparagus on the saute mode in the lemon broth instead. Simply saute until al dente.
- Yes this is supposed to say ZERO minutes. The Instant Pot is cooking the food while it’s coming up to pressure and this is just the correct amount needed to cook the asparagus.
- You do not need to thicken this sauce up, this step can be skipped and the sauce served as is.
- If you are looking for a more carb-heavy dinner serve over pasta or with rice.
- If your chicken has cooled too quickly in between steps, place the chicken back in the pot in the liquid when thickening up the sauce to warm up briefly.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.