Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/instant-pot-potato-soup/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Loaded Potato Soup
This Instant Pot Potato Soup taste just like a loaded baked potato! It's creamy and topped with all of your favorite baked potato toppings. This comfort food soup is gluten-free and optionally made dairy-free!
- 8 pieces of bacon, diced
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½” pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 4 ounces sour cream or dairy free yogurt or cashew cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Chives, sliced, for garnish
- Shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- Press the saute function in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Add bacon and cook until crispy, about 7 minutes. Shut off the saute function, remove bacon and all about 1 teaspoon of bacon grease.
- Add potato, broth, salt, garlic powder, pepper, paprika and stir. Close the lid, set the pressure valve to sealing and cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes. Use the natural release for 5 minutes, then release any remaining pressure.
- Remove 2 cups of potatoes and set aside.
- Using an immersion blender, blend remaining soup. Whisk in sour cream and lemon juice or dairy free alternative (see note) and whisk until completely combined.
- Add the potatoes back to the pot, stir and season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- Serve soup and top with bacon, cheese, chives and additional smoked paprika, if desired.
- If you are dairy-free, you can use equal portions of either a dairy-free yogurt or homemade cashew cream in place of the sour cream.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.