Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/italian-chicken-and-rice/
© 2020 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Instant Pot Italian Chicken and Rice
This Instant Pot Italian Chicken and Rice is an easy-to-make dinner that the whole family will love. Made with a few simple whole ingredients and a zesty Italian flavor, this healthy dinner will soon be a family favorite.
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, rinsed and drained well
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1-½ lb. Farmer Focus boneless and skinless breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Fresh parsley, for serving
- Heat oil, using the saute function in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Once hot, add onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Shut off the saute function.
- To the pot add red peppers, rice, chicken broth, chicken, lemon juice, italian seasoning, salt, pepper and and mix well. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes and when done use a quick pressure release.
- Once all the pressure has released, remove the lid from the Instant Pot and add in the frozen peas and parm cheese and mix well to combine. Place the lid back on top, and switch the valve to sealing and let the mixture steam for 2 minutes.
- Stir the rice and serve immediately with parsley.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.