Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/lemon-bars/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- 3 large eggs
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup beet sugar OR maple sugar
- Zest from 4 lemons
- 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (from about 6 lemons)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened and cut into cubes
- Powdered sugar, for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees °F and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Make the crust: Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix well. Press evenly into the baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until crust is lightly brown.
- Meanwhile, make lemon curd: Place whole eggs and yolks, sugar, lemon zest and juice and sea salt in a medium pot.
- Over low heat, whisk the lemon curd until it becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and take off heat. This process should take around 8-10 minutes.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the lemon curd into a medium mixing bowl. Add in the butter and stir well until melted.
- Pour lemon curd over the crust. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Set aside, let cool completely, cover, and store in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set.
- Top with powdered sugar, slice, and serve!
- This recipe was originally published in June 2015, and updated slightly in June 2019.
Loading nutrition data...