Wait, what?! Thanksgiving is NEXT week already. If you’re like we are over here, we have been planning planning planning! I generally keep it rather simple for my appetizers. Lately I am all about the perfect cheese board for my family and friends. I wanted one more fun appetizer that I could also turn into a spin on the traditional sweet potato mash side dish. These beauties arose. Sweet potato sliders!
Remember these? Those are one of my football Sunday favorites, so naturally a spin on them for the holidays was just what I wanted!
Creamy, flavorful, sweet potato topping piped onto a nice slider bottom and topped with bacon. Sign me up. I love that these can go from the appetizer table to the sides with your turkey!
- 1-2 large white sweet potatoes or yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch fine sea salt
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 orange sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed butter
- 1 tablespoon almond milk or milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped into pieces
For the Potato Base
For the Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Topping
Loading nutrition data...
What appetizers do you serve time and time again?
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!