I absolutely love my protein pancake batter and all the things it can become! Today I altered them into maple-infused waffles and topped it with delicious caramelized bananas. A perfect Saturday morning breakfast.
Ingredients: (serves 1-2 people)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (or flour of choice
- 1-2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp organic vanilla extract
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Optional Maple Infusion: 1 tsp pure organic maple syrup
- 1 banana, sliced
- 1 tbsp grass-fed butter (or coconut oil)
- 1 tsp raw local honey
- Dash of cinnamon
- Mix ingredients together into a bowl
- Grease waffle maker
- Pour in batter
- Cook until done, transfer to plate, and add desired toppings
- Heat butter/oil in skillet
- Add sliced bananas and drizzle with honey
- Mix and cook until golden brown and syrupy, about 5 minutes
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!