- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 box gluten-free matzo
- 1 jar marinara sauce, of choice
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, more as desired/needed
- Optional: 2 cups fresh spinach, sautéed
- Optional: 1 cup sliced mushrooms, sautéed
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly grease an 8×8 inch pan, or a pan large enough to fit the your matzoh board.
- Layer 1: Place enough sauce to cover the bottom, about 1/3 cup.
- Layer 2: Place the 1 matzoh board on top. You’ll use 1 for an 8×8 inch pan, or use 1 1/2 or 2, depending on how big your baking pan is.
- Layer 3: Spread more tomato sauce over the matzoh (1/4 cup).
- Layer 4: Spread the ricotta mixture. If adding sautéed veggies, add after this layer.
- Layer 5: Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat steps 3-6 until you have filled up your baking dish to the top.
- End with tomato sauce then top with the remaining mozzarella.
- Cover and bake for 40 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- *You do not need to soak the matzoh prior to baking or assembling this recipe!
- Calories: 272
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Sodium: 578mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 26.3g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Protein: 14.5g
- Cholesterol: 66mg