Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/mushroom-tacos/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Chipotle Mushroom Tacos
These easy meatless Chipotle Mushroom Tacos are a weeknight dinner win that are hearty and flavorful. They're vegan, but nobody will know otherwise because they have such a "meaty" flavor that will be a liked by everyone. Serve it up with your favorite taco fixin's for dinner on the table in well under 30 minutes!
- 4 large portobello mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1-2 tablespoon chipotle adobe sauce (from canned chipotles), optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 2 large sweet bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- additional salt and pepper, to taste
- For serving: tortillas, lettuce, guacamole, salsa and side of rice or slaw.
- Clean portobello mushrooms: Wipe off any excess dirt on the cap. Remove the stem and scoop out the “gills” under the cap and discard. Then slice to 1/4 inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy pan over medium high heat. Once hot and the mushrooms. Let the mushrooms cook until just tender and any liquid has evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set aside in a bowl. To the bowl chipotle adobo sauce, salt, cumin, and paprika.
- Meanwhile add remaining tablespoon oil to the pan and add onions and bell peppers and pinch of salt. Cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. And the mushrooms back to the pan and combine. Add lime and cook for 1 more minutes until heated through then remove from heat. Season to taste.
- Serve hot with desired sides!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.