Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/paleo-and-vegan-caramel/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Paleo and Vegan Caramel
This Paleo and Vegan caramel can be made with your choice of sugar and your choice of oil. For fully dairy-free use coconut oil. For fully vegan use either coconut sugar or maple syrup and coconut oil. Make sure not to touch the mixture while it is cooking. The sugar mixture is boiling and it has a tendency to bubble over if a whisk or spatula is used during the cooking. Use a medium pot that holds about 2 quarts liquid so the caramel can bubble without going over the edge.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium pot and whisk together.
- Turn the heat to medium and whisk until the coconut milk is fully combined with sugar and oil. Continue to cook, undisturbed, for 15 minutes, or until it's reduced by about half, thickened slightly and darkened in color. While cooking, if it comes close to bubbling over you can turn down the heat slightly.
- Shut off heat, whisk together one more and let cool down.
- Store in the refrigerator for 1-2 weeks. Use on ice cream, here or here.
- For fully vegan, use maple syrup or coconut sugar for the sweetener and coconut oil.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.