These Paleo Burger Bites (made 5 different ways) are the perfect appetizer for a night entertaining with friends, or for that Sunday football game. The options are endless and everyone will love trying all the different variations. Make them as burger bites, or larger for any meal!
If you can’t decide which variation to choose, make a DIY burger bar and let guests create their own! Such a fun, delicious, and customizable appetizer! From sweet potato buns, eggplant buns, and even AVOCADO buns, this burger bite bar takes sliders to a whole new level!
Basic Hamburger Recipe
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional: 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Burger Bite Variations
Pizza Burger Bites Toppings
- 2 teaspoons tomato sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 2 slices pepperoni
- fresh mozzarella, melted on burger bite
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- eggplant, cut into 1/4 inch slices, roasted until fork tender, and used as the bun
Mediterranean Burger Bites Toppings
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, caramelized
- 1 cup spinach, sautéed
All-American Burger Bites Toppings
- 1 roma tomato, sliced thin
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon honey mustard, more as needed
- 1/2 onion, caramelized
- 2 thin cucumber slices, to use as the bun
Taco Burger Bites Toppings
- Homemade guacamole, or use the avocado as the bun!
- salsa, homemade or store-bought
- jalapeño, sliced thin
- sweet potato buns, if not using avocado bun
- Optional: cheddar cheese
- Optional: Avocado, sliced in half to make an avocado bun
Thai Burger Lettuce Wrap Bites
- Choose the burger bite variations you are interested in making. Assemble the toppings for each one and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all basic hamburger ingredients and mix well. If you are making the Thai Burger Bites, add coconut aminos, garlic, Sriracha, and scallions to the burger mixture.
- Shape the burger mixture into 10 even-sized patties.
- Grill or cook on a greased grill pan for about 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through to your liking.
- Add desired toppings to each burger bite. Use a toothpick to hold the burger together if needed. Serve hot! If topping with cheese, place the cheese on the finished burger and broil on high for 2-3 minutes until cheese is fully melted before adding other toppings.
*This recipe was updated in April, 2017
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!