Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/paleo-mongolian-beef-instant-pot/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, cut into match sticks
- 2 cups, napa cabbage thickly sliced
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bunch green onion, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seed, for garnish
- Toss flank steak with arrowroot powder.
- Set Instant Pot to saute and when hot, add 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Brown flank steak, in 2-3 batches.
- In separate bowl combine coconut aminos, beef broth, 2 teaspoons garlic, 2 teaspoons ginger, 1 teaspoon sesame oil, fish sauce, dates and pour over beef.
- Set Instant Pot on manual high pressure for 12 minutes.
- While beef cooks heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Once hot, add oil and then add 1 teaspoon garlic, 1 teaspoon ginger, peppers, carrots and cabbage. Sauté until vegetables are soft and fragrant 5-7 minutes.
- Once soft, add 1 teaspoon sesame oil, rice wine vinegar and salt and pepper and remove to serving platter.
- When beef is finished, turn the knob to quick release.
- Top with optional garnish and serve with vegetables.
- *Can sub out 2 tablespoons of honey or coconut sugar if you don't want to use dates. Dates make it Whole30-Compliant.
- Want your sauce even thicker? At the end, add a slurry: 1 tablespoon arrowroot flour and 1 tablespoon water. Whisk together then add to the pot after step 9. Mix and let thicken.
- When browning your meat, if it's very thin, it may stick a little, that's okay!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.