Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/paleo-tuna-cakes/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Paleo Tuna Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
For Tuna Cakes
- 2 cans Genova Seafood Tuna, drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- 1 cup roasted red pepper (roasted at home, or jarred)
- 1/4 cup good quality mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- In large mixing bowl add all ingredients, and mix until combined thoroughly.
- Scoop approximately 1/4 cup tuna mixture. Invert onto work surface; gently pat into a 3/4-inch-thick patty. Repeat with remaining tuna mixture.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium. Once hot, add tuna cakes to pan in batches; cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until bottoms are golden.
- Make sauce: Place red peppers, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic, and spices in blender and blend on high until combined. Pour into serving container and add herbs.
- Serve tuna cakes hot with sauce, or cool and store for later use.
Loading nutrition data...