Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/pecan-pie-tarts/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Healthy Pecan Pie
This Gluten Free Pecan Pie is going to be a huge hit! Made with an easy almond flour crust, it's free of refined sugars and totally delicious. Serve at your next holiday gathering, or when you are in the mood for a little something sweet, but healthy!
For Pie Crust
For Pecan Filling
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Make the pie dough: In a food processor combine almond flour, tapioca flour, salt and cold butter and pulse until the butter is broken down into pea-sized pieces. Add in egg and honey and process until the dough comes together. Scrape the dough out onto a lightly tapioca dusted surface, and sprinkle some additional tapioca flour on top of the dough.
- Pat the pie dough evenly into a 9” tart pan, using extra tapioca flour as necessary to prevent the dough from sticking to your hands. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to bake.
- Add eggs, maple syrup, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt to a bowl and whisk together until fully combined. Slowly poor in the melted butter while whisking.
- Finely chop up 1-¼ cups of the pecans and add them to the egg mixture, stirring until combined.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie dough. Gently place the remaining pecan pieces on top of the mixture, as desired.
- Bake the pie in the preheated oven until the edges have slightly puffed and the center of the filling is just nearly set, about 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- This recipe originally appeared in 2014 as small pecan pie tarts. The recipe was updated including new photographs in 2019.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.