Happy Friday, my friends! Since I’m newly working from my home office, breakfast has been a huge part of my morning. Fueling up for the day with a nice mug ‘o coffee and this skillet is just what I need!
For this week’s Healthy Food Friday with American Express I want to share with you an easy new favorite breakfast. Packed with protein, fats, and carbs to fuel you up for a work day or weekend adventure!
This skillet is…
Made with local, in-season ingredients
Loaded with delicious Basil-Kale Pesto
And oozing with perfectly cooked eggs
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh kale
- 1/3 cup raw slivered almonds or regular almonds
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp fine pink sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Optional: 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (code LEXI for 10% off)
- 2 tbsp grass-fed butter or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato (or regular sweet potato), sliced thin
- 2-4 purple potatoes, sliced thin
- 4 organic, pasture-raised eggs
Loading nutrition data...
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.
use our hashtag!
I am so excited that you are making a recipe and would love to see how it turns out! Make sure to use the hashtag on social media!