Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/refried-beans/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Easy Homemade Refried Beans Recipe
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14.5-ounce can organic kidney beans or black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup water or stock
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup cheddar or cotija cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. When hot add garlic and spices and let cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the beans to the saucepan and ¼ cup water. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and add lime juice. Mash to desired consistency using a potato masher or fork.
- Set aside until ready to use in recipe, or serve as a dip and top with cilantro and cheese.
- You can easily double this recipe to make a bigger batch!
Loading nutrition data...