Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/refried-beans/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Easy Homemade Refried Beans Recipe
Making refried beans at home is so simple and they are so much better than anything you can get store bought! Our easy refried beans recipe makes a great addition to any Mexican inspired recipe, ranging from a spread in a layer dip, dolloped right on your taco or just dig in with a tortilla! Oh, and it's also gluten-free and vegan. Trust us, you need to make this ASAP!
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14.5-ounce can organic kidney beans or black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup water or stock
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- 1/4 cup cheddar or cotija cheese, for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. When hot add garlic and spices and let cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the beans to the saucepan and ¼ cup water. Cover and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Take off heat and add lime juice. Mash to desired consistency using a potato masher or fork.
- Set aside until ready to use in recipe, or serve as a dip and top with cilantro and cheese.
- You can easily double this recipe to make a bigger batch!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.