Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/sea-salted-dark-chocolate-almond-cups/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Sea Salted Dark Chocolate Almond Cups
Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Cups are like the healthier cousin to the beloved store-bought peanut butter cups. Making them at home is easy, using a handful of wholesome ingredients like almond butter, dark chocolate and maple syrup, these chocolate cups are paleo-friendly and made without any refined sugars.
- Place parchment paper or silicone muffin liners in a 12 cup muffin tin and set aside.
- In a small bowl combine almond butter, sweetener and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Place in freezer to firm up, about 10 minutes.
- Melt chocolate using a double-boiler method: Bring a small saucepan of water to a boil with heatproof bowl over the top. Add the chocolate and the coconut oil to the bowl and slowly melt and stir the chocolate, whisking together at the end. Alternatively you could melt the chocolate in the microwave at 20 second intervals, whisking in between until it's fully melted.
- Place 2 teaspoons of chocolate into each of the molds with a spoon and gently push the chocolate 1/3 of the way up the sides of the parchment paper. Place in the freezer to harden for 10 minutes.
- Remove almond butter mixture from the freezer and take a tablespoon of mixture, roll it into balls and then flatten to a disk shape.
- Remove chocolate cups from the freezer and drop in almond butter disks in the center of the chocolate.
- Top the almond butter with melted chocolate and let sit for a few minutes before sprinkle with coarse sea salt.
- Store in the refrigerator for 1 week or in the freezer for 3 months.
- This recipe was originally published in 2013, and republished with new photographs in 2019.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.