Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/slow-cooker-brisket/
© 2014 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Simple Slow Cooker Brisket
- Pat brisket dry with paper towels and sprinkle with generous amount of salt on each side. Let brisket sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium high-heat. Once hot, brown brisket on both sides, about 3-4 minutes per side.
- Place onions and garlic inside a slow cooker. Place brisket on top.
- Whisk together broth, ketchup, sugar, salt and pepper. Pour over the brisket.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the meat is very tender.
- Once done, shred the brisket, or slice across the grain.
- Serve in tacos, or as a main dish for a celebration.
- It's preferable to get a flat-cut brisket. If it doesn't fit in your slow cooker, feel free to cut it in half.
- See post for instructions on how to cook it in the Instant Pot.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.