Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/slow-cooker-mulled-cider-pecan-rim/
© 2017 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Slow Cooker Mulled Cider with Pecan Rim
Mulled Cider Ingredients
- 1.5 liters of fresh apple cider
- 4 star anise
- 3 cinnamon sticks, or 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 orange thinly sliced, used half of the slices on serving glasses and 1/2 of the slices for the mulled cider
- 1/2 lime, thinly sliced
- 1-inch knob of ginger, skin removed
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
Pecan Caramel Rim
Add-In Alcohol Options
- Bourbon, 2 ounces per glass
- Dark rum, 2 ounces per glass
- White wine, to taste
- Caramel Vodka or Regular Vodka, 2 ounces per glass
1. Place all mulled cider ingredients into a slow cooker. Set on low for 4 hours.
2. While cider cooks, make a batch of caramel. Place coconut milk, vanilla, butter and sea salt in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil. Turn down heat to low and let simmer, whisking often, for about 30 minutes or until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Take off heat and let cool. Store in the refrigerator until the mulled cider is ready.
3. Pour caramel onto a small, shallow plate.
4. On a separate shallow plate, place crushed pecans.
5. Dip your glass of choice in the caramel until the entire rim is well covered. Dip the caramel rim into the pecan mixture. Pour mulled cider into glasses and spike your drink with the desired alcohol if using, then stir and enjoy!
- Storage: Leftover cider can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days.
- Make It On The Stovetop: Simmer the mulled cider ingredients in a large saucepan over low heat. Cover and let simmer for about 1 hour. Make sure that the cider stays at a low simmer, if it comes to a boil, the cider can separate!
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.