Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/slow-cooker-sweet-potato-chili/
© 2020 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Sweet Potato Chili
This easy-to-make Sweet Potato Chili is the perfect option for meatless Monday or a family-friendly weeknight dinner win. It's made easily in the slow cooker or Instant Pot and so hearty and comforting. Customize your chili by adding on all your favorite toppings and dinner is served!
To Make in Instant Pot:
- Heat the oil using the saute function in a 6 or 8 quart Instant Pot. Add peppers, celery, onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until very softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, beans, broth, all spices and stir together to combine. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes on top. Do not stir them in.
- Cover and set the steam valve to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 5 minutes. Allow the pressure to release for 10 minutes, and then release any remaining pressure.
- Open lid, stir together chili and adjust seasoning.
- Serve with desired garnishes.
To Make in Slow Cooker:
- Place all of the ingredients in a large slow cooker. Cook on high for 4-6 hours, or low for 8 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve with desired garnishes.
- Omit the avocado oil for slow cooker.
- See body of the post for stove top instructions.
- This recipe was originally published in 2014, and updated with new photographs in 2020.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.