Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/spaghetti-carbonara-gluten-free/
© 2018 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-Free Spaghetti Carbonara
- 12 oz. liveGfree Gluten Free Brown Rice Spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cup pasta water
- Stonemill Sea Salt Grinder for water
- 6 pieces nitrate-free Appleton Farms Never Any! Bacon, sliced into 1/2" pieces (see note)
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 6 SimplyNature Organic Cage Free Brown Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup finely grated Priano Shredded Parmesan Cheese , plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon fresh Stonemill Ground Pepper, plus more for garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for spaghetti. Cook according to package instructions.
- While pasta is cooking, cook bacon until crispy. If there is an excessive amount of bacon grease, as in more than 2 tablespoons drain the excess. Add smashed garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute and then remove them. You want to cook it just long enough to release the garlic flavor into the bacon.
- In a small bowl mix together egg yolks, parmesan cheese and black pepper.
- Once pasta has finished cooking, reserve about 1 1/2 cups pasta water. Drain pasta and return it back to the pot.
- Working quickly add 1 cup of the reserved pasta water into the egg yolk mixture and whisk together. Add this mixture to the pasta. The residual heat from the pan and the hot pasta will cook the egg yolks gently without scrambling them. The sauce should be rich and creamy, but not overly thick. Add more of the reserved pasta water if needed to thin out the sauce (see note). Add salt to taste if needed, but the parmesan cheese and bacon should be enough to season it.
- Serve immediately with additional black pepper, parmesan cheese and garnish with red pepper flakes, if desired.
- Traditionally carbonara uses pancetta. We used bacon here because you are more likely to have this on hand than pancetta. If you'd like to stick to the authentic flavor than sub in about 4 oz. diced pancetta.
- Depending on the brand of pasta you use, you may need more water to thin out the sauce.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.