Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/spinach-and-artichoke-spaghetti-squash/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Spinach Artichoke Spaghetti Squash
This Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Spaghetti Squash recipe is the ultimate comfort food, lightened up! All the classic flavors of spinach and artichoke dip made healthy and stuffed into a low-carb and nutrient-rich spaghetti squash! You can optionally add-in chicken to make it heartier, or leave it as a vegetarian main dish. Make it dairy-free using cashew cream, or not.
- 1 spaghetti squash (about 4 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces baby spinach, fresh or defrosted if frozen
- 1 cup canned or frozen artichokes, drained and chopped
- 3 ounces cream cheese (or 1/3 cup cashew cream with 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast for dairy-free)
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese (omit for dairy-free)
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken (optional)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or gruyere cheese (omit for dairy-free)
- Cook spaghetti squash using these directions.
- Meanwhile, make spinach and artichoke mixture: Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once hot, add onion and garlic and cook until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add in spinach and artichokes and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and pepper and add cream cheese (or cashew cream) and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler on high.
- Once spaghetti squash is cooked and cooled enough to handle scoop out the squash into a large bowl. Add parmesan cheese (if using), chicken (if using) and spinach artichoke mixture. Mix together gently until fully combined.
- Either divide the mixture into the now empty squash shells and top with mozzarella cheese or place in an 8" x 8" oven safe casserole dish.
- Place under the broiler until the cheese and melted and the mixture is completely heated through.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.