Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/strawberry-shortcake/
© 2019 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Gluten-Free Strawberry Shortcake
This Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake recipe is a must make during the summer! With buttery drop biscuits as it's base, the macerated strawberries are topped with a delicious dairy free coconut whipped cream and make the easiest end to a summer meal. They'll be loved by all, and nobody will know (or care) it's gluten free!
Gluten Free Shortcake:
- 1 quart (16 ounces) strawberries, cleaned, hulled and sliced cups strawberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Coconut Whipped Cream:
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Make the shortcake: Make the biscuit dough according to these instructions. Divide into 6 portions and bake for 15 minutes, or until slightly puffed up in the center and golden brown on the bottom. Let cool completely (can be made up to 1 day ahead).
- Macerate the berries: In a medium bowl combine strawberries, honey, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Let sit for at least 30 minutes, or until the strawberries have softened and released their juices.
- Whip the cream: Add the coconut cream to a bowl of an electric mixer, taking care not to add any of the thin coconut milk. Whip the cold coconut cream until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and whip for an additional minute.
- To serve: Cut the biscuit in half, top with a scoop of macerated berries, juice and a dollop of whipped cream and serve immediately.
- You can substitute lactose free ghee for the butter in the biscuits
- If you wanted to avoid refined sugars completely, you can substitute honey for the powdered sugar, but the coconut cream will be a bit thin.
- This recipe was originally published in May 2015, but updated with new pictures and a change to the recipe. Previously the biscuits were made with 1 cup of flour, but we've updated it to be more accurate when weighing ingredients. See post for more detail.
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.