Posted by https://lexiscleankitchen.com/stuffed-zucchini-boats/
© 2014 Lexi's Clean Kitchen. All rights reserved.
Stuffed Zucchini Boats
1. Preheat oven to 375
2. Clean and cut zucchinis in half down the middle so you have two boats
3. Using a spoon or a melon baller, scoop out the center (you don't want it too too thin)
4. Place zucchini on a baking sheet and place in the oven for 10 minutes while preparing your filling
5. In a large pan heat oil and garlic
6. Add in onions, carrots, and peas (add in mushrooms if using them); cook for 5 minutes or until veggies are cooked down and soft
7. Add in meat and cook until brown
8. Add your tomato sauce, tomato paste, garlic, red pepper, cayenne, basil sea salt, and pepper- mix well to combine (if adding spinach, add it here)
9. Let the flavors cook together for an additional 5–7 minutes, until mixture thickens, taste and adjust spices as desired
10. Remove zucchini from the oven and spoon mixture into each boat
11. Cover each boat filling with parmesan cheese and place back into the oven for 15 minutes, or until zucchini is cooked to your liking
Loading nutrition data...
Some elements of this website will not work correctly while your adblocker is enabled. Please disable your adblocker and reload the page.