I love roasted potatoes.
With garlic. And coarse sea salt. And fresh black pepper. And fresh Parmesan cheese. And Parsley.
I mean really, what’s better than a really really good roasted potato side dish?
My good friend Andie Mitchell’s cookbook is officially out, and I am so excited about this book, you guys. Andie is hands down one of the most sweet, genuine, and inspiring ladies I have met– I just absolutely adore her!
You can go buy it NOW, and you’ll want to, because not only are Andie’s recipes amazingly delicious, but she is a fantastic story teller in every sense of the word. Her new book is a realistic approach to healthy eating, with some of the indulgences we all want along the way, because well… dessert!
Just LOOK at those roasted potatoes. Let’s make ’em.
Smashed Roasted Garlic Potatoes
Write a review
- 1 1/2 pounds small Yukon Gold Potatoes (about 8 small potatoes)
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (I used grass-fed butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet or a plate with parchment paper.
- Put the potatoes on the baking sheet and bake until fork tender, about 45 minutes. Once done, remove the baking sheet from the oven and increase the temperature to 450°F.
- With the potatoes still on the baking sheet, place the bottom of another baking sheet on top of them and press down to smash then. Be careful not to press down too firm and break them apart.
- Remove the top baking sheet and brush both sides of the potatoes equally with 2 teaspoons of oil or butter, season with 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, the black pepper, and garlic.
- Roast the potatoes until brown and crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven, brush both sides of the potatoes with 1 teaspoon oil and season with the remaining salt.
- Roast until deep golden brown, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese and roast for 5 more minutes. Serve hot.
Lexi's Clean Kitchen https://lexiscleankitchen.com/
Some other recipes on my must-make list from the book:
Halibut Baked in Parchment with Pistachio Mint Pesto
Southwestern Pulled Chicken with Cilantro Lime Slaw
Updated Waldorf Salad Cups
Bagel and Lox Salad
Twice Baked Breakfast Potatoes
Breakfast Egg Salad
Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Gooey Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
Peppermint Cookies and Cream Fudge Brownies
You can purchase Eating in the Middle on Amazon here.