This Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream with Chocolate Chunks is such a fun summertime treat! Perfect for when strawberries are in season! This ice cream contains no dairy or refined sugars and is absolutely delicious!
Dairy Free Strawberry Ice Cream
June is here and in a few short weeks it will officially be SUMMER. This month for Healthy Food Friday with American Express we are focusing on all things summer. I thought the best way to start this month of fun would be with one of my favorite go-to fruits, strawberries. They are packed with nutritional benefits and can be the perfect addition to your morning smoothie, dessert, sal
ad, even made into some healthy JAM, and now, ice cream!
Health Benefits of Strawberries
- Boost memory
- Helps control blood pressure
- a good source of fiber
- contains anti-aging property
- Promotes eye health and bone health
- Good source of manganese, potassium, vitamin c and folate
- Packed with antioxidants
And who doesn’t love ice cream? More so, this combination of chocolate and fresh strawberries turned into ice cream. Who’s with me?
Here are the ingredients:
- Coconut milk
- Vanilla Almond Milk
- Vanilla extract
- Fresh strawberries
- Chocolate chunks
Do you need an ice cream churner to make this?
Yes this ice cream needs be churned! It helps lighten the texture of it!
If you like this strawberry recipe, check out these others:
- Strawberry and Chocolate Ganache Sandwich Cookies (Allergen Friendly)
- Paleo Chocolate Ganache Strawberry Cups
- Strawberry Shortcake (Gluten Free & Paleo)
If you like this dessert recipe, check out these others:
- Gluten Free Lemon Bars
- Gluten-Free Cherry Pie Bars
- S’mores Pie (Gluten-Free)
- Secret Ingredient Brownies
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Optional: 1 tsp arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash Himalayan sea salt
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, chopped (each cup separate)
- 1 cup chocolate chunks, chopped (70% dark or higher, or Enjoy Life's chocolate chips)
- 1. In your blender combine coconut milk, almond milk, vanilla, sea salt, arrowroot, honey, and 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 2. Blend until smooth and set in fridge to chill for 15-30 minutes
- 3. Remove ice cream maker from the freezer
- 4. Pour blended mixture into ice cream maker and churn as directed on your ice cream maker (I do mine for 30-45 minutes!)
- 5. Fold in chopped chocolate chunks and chopped strawberries
- 6.Serve right away or store in freezer until hardens enough to scoop
- If fully frozen, let thaw for at least 20 minutes before scooping and serving
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.