Dry-Rub Grilled Wings [VIDEO]
When I think of wings I naturally think of the fried and unhealthy variation from my good ‘ol college days, but that doesn’t always have to be the case! These Dry-Rub Grilled Wings are healthy, flavorful, and so simple to make! A perfect crowd pleaser for any occasion!
Father’s Day weekend = BBQ, BBQ, BBQ!
This week for Healthy Food Friday with American Express, let’s transform this wing party into a guilt-free one! These wings are flavor-packed and grilled to perfection. Plus, they are easy breezy! Perfect for anyone on grill duty this weekend.
Not much better than a bucket ‘o wings!
Like this wing recipe? Try these:
Want more football recipes? Try these:
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Buffalo Chicken Baked Hummus Dip
- Roasted Poblano and Chicken Soup
- Slow Cooker Carne Asada
Dry-Rub Grilled Wings
- 2 pounds organic chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (code LEXI for 10% off)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, adjust based on desired spice level
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic powder
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds
- Place wings in a plastic bag and add in oil, garlic, and spices. Toss to combine.
- Let marinade for 30 minutes up to overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Grease grill and place wings on.
- Let cook for 7 minutes then flip for a remaining 7, until no pink remains.
- Serve with sriracha mayo or desired dipping sauce!
*Bake these instead: Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Bake for 30 minutes. Using tongs, flip wings and bake for another 10 minutes. Broil for 1-2 minutes to get the wings extra crispy. Remove from oven and let cool slightly. Serve warm with dipping sauce!
I was selected by American Express to contribute to their Tumblr community. As such, I was paid for my services, but all opinions in general and about American express are my own.