Paleo Fudge (Nut-free)
This Paleo Fudge is a lightened-up chocolate-y treat that is good any time of day and takes less than 10 minutes to whip up! It’s made nut-free with healthy fats and antioxidant rich cocoa powder and is barely sweetened with only a touch of maple syrup. It’s vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free and most important out-of-this-world-good! This will be your NEW favorite fudge recipe, promise.
February calls for chocolate, and this Paleo Fudge doesn’t disappoint! We have a few festive treats planned for you, and we kicked it off with the Strawberry and Chocolate Ganache Sandwich Cookies from yesterday. Like that recipe, this one is also nut-free, which means it’s inclusive for those with nut allergies and you are able to send it to school with your kids. This Paleo Fudge is a treat you can feel good about eating, made with real food but most importantly insanely delicious.
But this isn’t your average fudge recipe. First off, we call for cocoa powder. We love that it is rich in antioxidants and doesn’t have any added sugar or dairy, but more importantly it’s SO FUDGEY. Second, this one is nut-free. A lot of alternative fudge recipes call for almond butter, including this previous fudge on LCK, but this one uses sunflower butter (or alternatively tahini). Third, we add a bit of coconut flour to help firm up the fudge and give it the perfect texture. We discovered, and fell in love with that trick while testing for our PB & J Fat Bombs. And finally we love the added healthy fats thanks to the coconut oil. Having a piece of this fudge as a snack will definitely give you some energy that will last for a while!
While this fudge cannot stay for hours at room temperature, it will last for quite a while outside of the refrigerator and they don’t need to be stored in the freezer, and we like that!
If you like this chocolate recipe, check out these others:
- Chocolate Peppermint Baked Oatmeal
- The BEST Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Paleo Chocolate Ganache Strawberry Cups
- Classic Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Decadence Pie
- The BEST Paleo Chocolate Truffles
This Paleo Fudge is a lightened-up chocolate-y treat that is good any time of day and takes less than 10 minutes to whip up! It's made nut-free with healthy fats and antioxidant rich cocoa powder and is barely sweetened with only a touch of maple syrup. It's gluten-free, dairy-free and most important out-of-this-world-good! This will be your NEW favorite fudge recipe, promise.
- In a medium pot, melt together coconut oil, maple syrup, salt and cocoa powder. Stir until it has all melted and combined.
- Add sunflower butter, coconut flour and vanilla extract and whisk together.
- Line a 7.5” by 5” container, or a similar size, with a parchment paper sling (for easy removal) and pour the chocolate mixture inside.
- Smooth the top and refrigerate until set at least 2 hours, but preferable 6 hours.
- Using the sling, remove the fudge mixture and slice to 12-16 pieces. Store in the refrigerator and enjoy within 10 days.
- This recipe also works, and was tested with tahini (sesame seed paste). It has a slightly different taste to it, but still delicious so feel free to swap that in for equal portions if desired.
Paleo Fudge (Nut-free)
This 5 Ingredient Healthy Fudge recipe is my new favorite treat. It’s easy to make, made with minimal ingredients, has the perfect texture, is customizable with your favorite fudge add-ins, is packed with healthy fats, and is a rich and decadent treat that everybody will love! Made in partnership with So Delicious.
Healthy Fudge Recipe
I am so excited to partner with my friends at So Delicious today to chat about the brand new So Delicious Organic Almondmilk with Cashew product line. Each of the three flavors is simple and clean, with seven ingredients or fewer. And, it’s the first-ever plant-based bottle in the refrigerated dairy case! We have been loving this new nut milk in our refrigerator and know you will enjoy it, too!
This healthy fudge recipe is:
- Indulgent yet guilt-free
- Made with clean ingredients
- Packed with healthy fats
- Great for gift bags
- Perfect to have in the fridge or freezer for a late-night treat or for when guests come over
How do you keep fudge?
This new almond milk is light-tasting and smooth, and is USDA certified Organic, Non-GMO project verified, and certified Vegan. There are no artificial flavors, sweeteners, or preservatives, and each flavor is gluten-free, soy-free, carrageenan-free, and dairy-free!
If you like this cleaned-up chocolate recipe, try these other favorites:
- Chocolate Ganache Strawberry Cups
- Edible Cookie Dough
- Double Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
A delicious, 5-ingredient, vegan and paleo fudge that you will love. Feel free to add nuts, marshmallows, raisins, dried cranberries, other dried fruit, and anything else you might like! And always top with some maldon sea salt for good measure!
5 Ingredient Healthy Fudge
- Line a 5" x 7" (or similar sized) glass container with parchment paper. Cut the parchment paper big enough so that the ends hang outside the glass container to create a sling to remove the fudge after it has cooled.
- In a medium sauce pan add chocolate chips, coconut oil, almond butter, almond milk and 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt. Turn the burner to the lowest setting and immediately begin stirring the chocolate mixture with a spatula to help it melt evenly.
- Once it has melted about half of the chocolate chips, switch to a whisk to combine mixture completely and smoothly. Take care not to scorch any of the chocolate by whisking constantly.
- After the mixture has become smooth and fully combined, remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Pour chocolate into the parchment lined glass container and smooth top. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt and place in refrigerator until set, at least two hours (but better overnight).
- Once it has completely set, take fudge out of container using the parchment sling and slice into desired portions.
- Store in the refrigerator or the freezer.
- We recommend using dark chocolate chips. When using semi-sweet, the texture was softer.
This post is sponsored by So Delicious Organic Almondmilk with Cashew. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
5 Ingredient Healthy Fudge (Vegan)
December is the best of the winter months in my opinion. Yes, it’s steadily becoming more and more freezing (like the horrible temperature today here in Boston). But the festive nature of the month brings such an amazing energy that the weather often gets overshadowed, and the holiday spirit is there in full force.
That is also why this is one of my favorite months for Healthy Food Friday with American Express. Not only do I get to share with you holiday eats (I’m talking about COOKIES), but I get to give you gift giving ideas for your loved ones! Last week I gave you printable labels for all of your edible gifts, so this week, let’s get to some cookies that you can give out!
I recently started going to a new gym (I’ll eventually share more on this). I’ve been there for one week and already have met such wonderful people! Why do I bring this up? Because I brought these cookie sandwiches for some of them to try, and they said they would go out and buy them in a store, and that they wouldn’t have known they were gluten-free, dairy-free, and paleo-friendly. Winning! Aside from those lovely words, these got tons of other thumbs up, too!
These cookies are: soft, perfectly spiced, and lightly sweetened. That plus the center of fudge… you have yourself an epic holiday cookie sandwich!