This quick and easy gluten-free gravy recipe is exactly what you need in your arsenal for holiday feasts or a simple weeknight dinner. It’s flavor is perfectly balanced, requires only staple ingredients you already have at home and can be done in less than 10 minutes!
Easy Gluten-Free Gravy
What is a Good Gluten-Free Thickener
We normally use tapioca or arrowroot powder to thicken, but found that it was very gummy when used in gravy. For this reason we use cornstarch for this gravy.
We like to make sure we by non-GMO cornstarch! Unlike flour, cornstarch has no real flavor to mask and it has twice the thickening power of flour–so use 1 tablespoon of cornstarch for every 2 tablespoons of flour your recipe calls for! We are providing you with the perfect amount, so no need to worry on that front!
This week we’re taking a trip down south and dishing out a new recipe each day to complete the ultimate Southern Fried Chicken Dinner! Each day this week we’ll be sharing a recipe to complete an epic southern dinner!
Stay tuned for the rest of the week for the Ultimate Southern Dinner:
- Instant Pot Corn on the Cob + Southern Butter
- Classic Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Gluten-Free Gravy
- Collard Greens
- Fried Chicken (Hot or Not) + Air Fry, Baking, and Fry Instructions
- In a medium sauce pan add broth, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme (if using), salt, pepper and lemon juice. Heat to medium and bring to a boil.
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch with 2 tablespoon of water until smooth, to create a slurry to thicken the gravy.
- Add slurry to broth, and whisk immediately to combine. Continue to boil and thicken up for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk in butter to combine, if using, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- If you are making this for a roasted chicken or turkey dinner you should absolutely use the pan drippings! Measure out the pan drippings and add additional turkey or chicken broth to equal 2 cups of liquid.