Delicious flavors come together in this Grilled Sweet Potato Salad with Honey Mustard Vinaigrette! Grilled-to-perfect sweet potatoes, aromatic grilled red onion, fresh herbs, and the best creamy dressing to toss it all together with! Serve this as a side at any BBQ or summer gathering, or make it for a weeknight meatless dinner! Made in partnership with Stop & Shop!
I am so excited to bring you today’s blog post in partnership with Stop & Shop. I love their Buy Local campaign throughout their stores right now, and that they work hard to support local New England farmers. As of right now, they offer locally sourced produce from 35 New England farmers! The produce is picked at the farm and the next day it is in stores – you can’t get any fresher than that! Fun fact: Stop & Shop has been supporting local farmers for decades sourcing potatoes, corn, cucumbers, squash, tomatoes, and apples; to name a few! I shopped at the Watertown, MA location for ALL of the ingredients for this recipe, and the produce for this recipe came from Paquette Farms in Shrewsbury, MA. How cool is that?
First, you’ll need to toss your sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, and pepper!
Now, while that’s grilling, whisk together your dressing! I love the Nature’s Promise organic line of products that Stop & Shop has. The products are affordable and are a great quality. In this dressing alone we used their Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and wild honey! Even the sweet potatoes are Nature’s Promise! Affordable, delicious, and good quality- my three musts!
Combine, assemble, and devour!
Every bite is flavorful and delicious! Grilling season is my favorite season and if you haven’t grilled sweet potatoes yet, you must! They are SO good. Plus it’s one of those great transitional veggies that’ll get you grilling from Summer into Fall!
Grilled Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, sliced or cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your grill to 350ºF and grease the grates.
- In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place on grill and let cook for 15 minutes on each side until tender.
- While grilling, add all dressing ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- When the sweet potatoes have 10 minutes left on the grill, add sliced onion to the grill and let cook for 10 minutes or until soft and fragrant.
- Once done grilling, gently toss sweet potatoes and grilled onion with dressing (amount as desired).
- Assemble: Place sweet potatoes and red onion on a plate. Top with more dressing if desired, feta (optional), black beans (optional), bacon (optional), parsley, cilantro, and scallions. Serve warm or cold with lime wedges.
Want to master the grill this summer? This guide is a good start to becoming a grill master, and not having overcooked (or undercooked) meals!
This post is sponsored by Stop & Shop. All thoughts and opinions are always 100% my own! I love the integrity of their products and think you’ll love them too. Stop and Shop has an expanded section or organic and natural foods which I am extra excited about! Thank you for continuing to support LCK and the brands I work with!
I am giving way FOUR $50 Stop & Shop giftcards to (4) readers!
Simply comment below with your favorite things to make on the grill to be entered to win! Winners will be picked on September 16th at 12pm EST. US only.