Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Chives
These Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Chives are your answer for an easy-to-make appetizer to please a crowd! They are so delicious and can even be made ahead of time! The addition of bacon and chives bump these deviled eggs up to the next level! These are great to serve during the holidays but also make a great protein filled snack for any time of year and are compatible with Keto, Paleo and Whole30 diets!
Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Chive Recipe
This Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Chives recipe is the perfect savory treat to make or bring along to your next holiday gathering! They’re simple to prepare and can be made ahead of time clearing out your schedule during this busy time! The bacon and chives really add something special to this classic deviled egg and we know they’re going to be your new favorite!
They are also great to have for the upcoming new year as everybody gives a new diet a try! You can have one or two (or ok… three) for a protein fueled snack and feel satisfied for a few hours until your next meal. This recipe is compatible with Keto, Whole30 (make sure you are using compliant bacon) and Paleo diets. And they are super delicious!
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs on the Stove and Instant Pot
We can’t talk about deviled eggs without talking about how to make the perfect hard-boiled eggs! If you are like me, you’ve tried EVERY method for boiling eggs and always fallen short. That is until I was introduced to the steaming method. Steaming eggs leaves them perfect every time, and incredibly easy to peel.
You can steam eggs on both the stove top and using the Instant Pot. Using the Instant Pot to cook hardboiled eggs is 100%, hands-down, my first choice because the shells peel off so easily! If you haven’t tried cooking eggs in the pressure cooker, be prepared to be amazed!
As you can see, we piped our filling, which makes them look extra fancy, but have no fear, you don’t need to if you don’t have the tools! You can fill up a plastic bag with the egg yolk filling and snip the end to pipe, or you can use a small spoon to scoop up something filling and use a second spoon to knock the filling in place!
Can you make deviled eggs in advance?
Deviled eggs can be prepared up to two days ahead of time. Wrap the egg white halves well and keep the egg yolk filling sealed in a resealable plastic bag with all the air squeezed out! If desired you can keep the filling separate and pipe into eggs right before serving.
Tools we used in this recipe:
If you like this easy appetizer, check out these others:
- Spinach Dip Stuffed Mushrooms
- Cauliflower Pizza Bites
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
- How to Make a Charcuterie Board
- 5-Ingredient Buffalo Chicken Baked Hummus Dip
- Crudite Platter with Tzatziki Sauce
Want free bacon?
Each month, ButcherBox curates a one-of-a-kind selection of the healthiest, tastiest meats, humanely raised and free of antibiotics and hormones. Or you can customize your box and select your favorite cuts and get 20% more meat.The price works out to less than $6.00/meal and shipping is always free. You can also space it out so it’s not every 4 weeks, too!
ButcherBox delivers your meat for the month, saves you money, and is the best quality! Enjoy the best 100% chicken and meat, while getting free bacon & $15 off your first ButcherBox!
- Get FREE bacon
- FREE Shipping
- $15 OFF!
Order Today and get this amazing deal!
Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Chives
These Deviled Eggs with Bacon and Chives are your answer for an easy-to-make appetizer to please a crowd! They are so delicious and can even be made ahead of time! These are great to serve during the holidays but also make a great protein filled snack for any time of year and are compatible with Keto, Paleo and Whole30 diets!
- Peel and slice the eggs in half lengthwise and take the yolks out and place into a mixing bowl. Place the egg whites on a serving platter and set aside.
- Using a potato masher or fork, mash the egg yolks into a uniform paste. Add cooked bacon, mayo, 1 tablespoon chives, dijon mustard, vinegar, garlic powder, black pepper and combine. Check the seasoning and add salt if desired.
- Place the ﬁlling into a piping bag and pipe into the center of the egg whites.
- Garnish with remaining chives and serve.
- If following a special diet such as Whole30 check to make sure the bacon you use is compliant.
- This recipe serves a crowd! If you don't need to, feel free to halve the recipe for weekly snacks!
- We recommend two ways to hard boil eggs: in the Instant Pot or Steaming on the stove. Check out these posts for directions on both.
- Deviled eggs can be prepared up to two days ahead of time. If desired you can keep the filling separate and pipe into eggs right before serving.