I am super into chicken salad as of late. Cranberry Walnut, Pesto, Apple Dill… you name it. Now that I make my own mayo it’s great. I don’t need to worry about using ingredients I’m not thrilled about, and can get pretty creative! But, I don’t always have the mayo on hand and for those moments I go honey mustard. It is so good. I love the addition of roasted red peppers and cilantro in it, like really really love those flavors together.
Simple to throw together and packed with great flavor. Perfect meal prep food right there!
- 1 lb. organic chicken
- 1/4 cup mustard (I often use 2 tbsp dijon, 2 tbsp spicy brown)
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1. Prepare chicken as desired: poach it or make some crock-pot shredded chicken
- 2. In a bowl whisk together mustard and honey, set aside
- 3. When chicken is done and ready to assemble chop cilantro and red peppers
- 4. Combine chicken, honey mustard, cilantro, and red pepper; mix well
- 5. Store in refrigerator!
- I often make more honey mustard as desired based on who I am serving to, I also often double this for meal prep!