These Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries are crispy and so delicious, especially when paired with Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce! The perfect side to pair with just about anything.
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
These Crispy Sweet Potato Fries are the PERFECT side dish. And they’re so easy to make with mostly hands-off cooking time in the oven. I love to pair mine with this addicting honey mustard dipping sauce, too. While they are crispy when they come straight from the oven, it’s easy to make a large batch and eat them throughout the week for meal prep. They do get soft once they are stored, but you can crisp them back up again inside the oven or toaster oven.
Tips for Making Crispy Sweet Potato Fries:
- Cut sweet potato fries into the same size. It helps them cook easily.
- Soak the sweet potatoes for about 10 minutes. This helps bring out some of the starch.
- Don’t overcrowd the baking sheet. Make sure to lay the fries flat on the sheet pan, leaving space in between each fry.
- Flip the fries, halfway through baking! This ensures both sides get crispy
To Peel, or Not to Peel
Peeling the skin off the sweet potato is totally up to you! It doesn’t make a difference either way. Though the skin has extra fiber, which can be a bonus!
Main Dishes to Pair with
The options are endless for what goes well with these oven baked fries, but here are a few of our favorites:
- Paleo Sloppy Joes
- Oven Baked BBQ Chicken
- Crispy Baked Buffalo Wings
- Fork Tender Balsamic Mustard Pork Chops
- Ultimate Fried Chicken (Gluten-Free)
- How to Cook a Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot
If you like this sweet potato recipe, check out these others:
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- How to Make Sweet Potato Toast
- Sweet Potato Tuna Melts
- Maple Bacon Sweet Potato Sliders
- 2 organic sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt, more to taste
- Cut sweet potatoes into thin strips.
- In a large bowl, soak sweet potatoes in cold water for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375℉.
- Remove sweet potatoes from water and pat dry.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss sweet potatoes with extra virgin olive oil, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Bake for 3o-40 minutes, flipping in the middle until lightly browned and crispy.
- In a small bowl mix all of the dipping sauce ingredients.
- Take sweet potatoes out of oven, let cool for 5 minutes. Serve hot with dipping sauce.
I like using Japanese Sweet Potatoes. I find they get the crispiest!